Monday, October 25, 2010

Terrible way to start a day

Darkness filled the Living room,  I walked half dazed towards the shutters.  As I pulled down and released the darkness from the room, I closed my eyes to the newness of light.  Squinting i moved to my next project, to feed my son Rupert.  "Good  morning Rupert i take it that you slept well"  I proclaimed in my usual accentuated voice.   As I pulled his food from behind the picture frame i noticed something was amiss.  I quickly scanned his bowl searching evermore frantically as I began to panic.  Rupert was gone, nowhere to be seen.  "Heidi!  Rupert is missing!"  I paced back and forth in front of the mantel not knowing what to do.  No parent should ever have to deal with this, especially not on such a beautiful Saturday morning.  Heidi entered the room and fell instantly into my arms, we embraced as we comforted each other.  Then to my horror i saw him, laying half on the carpet and halfway in the fireplace.  Our Dear Fish Rupert lay dead.  At this moment we aren't sure what happened, but all evidence points towards sushicide.

This is indeed a trying time in our lives but we hope to move on and become stronger from our experience.

We will miss you very much Rupert.

No comments:

Post a Comment